Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding Reporting-Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
In accordance with section 18004 of the Coronavirus Aid Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), International Air and Hospitality Academy (the institution) acknowledges that the institution has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement with the assurance that the institution has used and intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
• As of April 30th, 2020, the institution received from the Department of Education a fund amount of $468,399 pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. On January 27th, 2021, an additional $58,000 was approved as a transfer from the Institutional Grant funds to the Student CARES Grant funds giving the institution a total of $514,500.
• The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of March 30th, 2021, is $ 514,500
• The estimated total number of students at the institution who are or could be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act, and thus, are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Cares Act is 363
• The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES ACT As of March 30th, 2021, is 363
• The method used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES ACT is as follows-
International Air and Hospitality Academy
Cares Act- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund HEERF Grant for Students
Disbursement Policy May 1st, 2020
The U.S. Department of Education has made Emergency Financial Aid Grants available to students of our institution who need financial support for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus. International Air and Hospitality Academy always strives to do what is best and fair for all our students. With this in mind, it is understood that the needs of all our students have been effected and that whatever a student’s EFC (Expected Family Contribution) or unmet need was at the time they were packaged
for school has most likely changed.
Therefore, awards will be made for Active students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens only at a set amount per program (see below). It is understood these funds are not Title IV funds and SAP (student academic progress) does not apply. We as an institution are merely stewards of these funds for our students.
Students will need to complete the application/attestation and submit for review. Once application has been reviewed and approved a check will be issued to the student. The school will keep a spreadsheet to track student disbursements
and a running remaining balance of funds available. If there are funds remaining after initial disbursements, the remaining funds will be disbursed to future active students who are active in their programs for a minimum of 30-days. This will continue until all funds have been disbursed.
Program Distribution Amounts:
- 49.199 Airline Travel Specialist= $1,000
- 12.0503 Culinary Arts= $2,500
- 15.0899 Wind Turbine & Telecom Technician and 49.0208 Rail Operations Training= $1,500
*Disbursement policy and amounts have been reviewed and approved by Campus President- taking into account cost and length of each program offered and with the understanding the Institution is to distribute Grant Awards to as many of our Active students as possible as soon as possible.
- Once students are enrolled and have started classes, they are directed
To their instructor’s webpage for instructions and link to the
Application for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants
For More Information
If you are a current student:
Admir Sabic, Vice President | Director of Education and Housing
For general questions:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 341-5525